With most schools reopening after the holidays this week, I thought it would be nice to start the new year with some fresh quick recipes you can prepare in a few minutes! (also very tasty!)
- Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin soup is delicious, wholesome and easy to make!
What you need to make pumpkin soup!
- 1 Butternut squash/1 Pumpkin
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 garlic
- 125ml of cream (if you’re feeling adventurous!)
- 150 ml water / chicken stock / milk (there has been varying debates over the holidays as to which one is best – thus I leave it open to your own preference)
- salt and pepper for taste
How to make it!
- Chop pumpkin into small cubes.
- Add water and pumpkin to saucepan.
- Let pumpkin boil for forty to forty-five minutes.
- Boil potatoes and add to pumpkin at around the half an hour mark.
- Once boiled, add cream and leave to cool.
- Once cooled blend together and add salt and pepper if needed.
Salad and Salmon.
What you need:
- Chopped up carrot
- Cottage Cheese or yoghurt (optional)
How to make it.
- Find a lunch box.
- Wash all vegetables.
- Chop everything up.
- Ready to go.
Two healthy lunch or dinner options for returning to school. Also, these meals can be eaten cold or hot making them ideal for the current weather.
For more ideas for warm and healthy recipes for returning to school in the new year check out these three apps (free to download from chrome app store and apple store):
- Recipes with Drive
- Cooking Light
- Eating Well